Stations are indicated by an '#' symbol prior to the place name. Signal boxes are indicated by numbers in the left hand column. Location names are as shown in the 1960 Sectional Appendix and may be different from the station name.
|Section of Line||Opened||Closed||Notes|
|Astley Bridge Junction to Astley Bridge||01.07.1875 (G)|
|Astley Bridge Junction to Astley Bridge||15.10.1877 (P)|
|Astley Bridge Junction to Astley Bridge||01.10.1879 (P)|
|Halliwell Goods to Astley Bridge||04.09.1961 (G)|
|Astley Bridge Junction to Halliwell Ground Frame||03.08.1981 (G)|
|Junctions and other features||Running Lines||Stations, Signal Boxes and Junctions||Distance from Signal Box above||Loops and Refuge Sidings||Notes|
|Maximum permissible speed 15 m.p.h.|
|1||-||↓||Astley Bridge Junction||-||No block throughout.|
|---||↑||-||Halliwell Ground Frame||0m 464yds|
The line originally continued to a station at Astley Bridge (Map). This station closed to passengers on 01.10.1879, but remained open for goods until 04.09.1961. At some point before 1960 the route between Halliwell and Astley Bridge was reduced to the status of a siding and was therefore not shown in the 1960 Sectional Appendix.