Stations are indicated by an '#' symbol prior to the place name. Signal boxes are indicated by numbers in the left hand column. Location names are as shown in the 1960 Sectional Appendix and may be different from the station name.
|Section of Line||Opened||Closed||Notes|
|[Liverpool Rd. Stn.] Ordsall Lane No. 1 to Ordsall Lane No. 2 [Liverpool Crown Sq.]||17.09.1830 (Fri) (P)*||* Official opening two days earlier.|
|[Liverpool Rd. Stn.] Ordsall Lane No. 1 to Ordsall Lane No. 2 [Liverpool Crown Sq.]||01.12.1830 (G)|
|Ordsall Lane No. 1 to Liverpool Rd. Station||04.05.1844 (P)|
|Ordsall Lane No. 1 to Liverpool Rd. Station||08.09.1975 (G)|
|Junctions and other features||Running Lines||Stations, Signal Boxes and Junctions||Distance from Signal Box above||Loops and Refuge Sidings||Notes|
|Maximum permissible speed 20 m.p.h.|
|2||↑||↓||Ordsall Lane No. 1||0m 575yds|
|3||↑||-||Ordsall Lane No. 2||0m 200yds|
Manchester Museum of Science and Industry
The diverging route at Ordsall Lane No. 1 was the original main line to Liverpool Road Station, the terminus of the Liverpool and Manchester Railway. Liverpool Road Station was open for passengers for a mere 13 years, 7 months and 17 days. It was, however, open for 144 years, 9 months and 7 days for goods trains.